Strengthening Disability Advocacy Conference 2017
Last year’s ‘Putting rights centre stage’ conference created a buzz that sent ripples out to the wider sector and into the mainstream. To remind us of the key points, here is a short highlights video that encapsulates the passion participants experienced.
Planning is now underway to ensure that the dynamism is carried through to this year’s Strengthening Disability Advocacy Conference.
This year’s conference will have a strong NDIS focus where we ill explore the impact the roll out is having on the practice of disability advocacy and how the scheme is measuring up against a human rights framework.
Updates to program development will be added to this website as they are confirmed and the weekly DARU Update will also promote significant announcements. Stay tuned!
The conference planning committee this year includes:
- Melissa Coe, Coordinator, DARU
- Natasha Brake, Administration Officer, DARU
- Melanie Muir, President, Disability Advocacy Victoria (DAV)
- Llewellyn Reynders, Policy Manager, Victorian Council of Social Services (VCOSS)
- Dean Dadson, Project Officer, Self Advocacy Resource Unit (SARU)
- Leah Katieva, CEO, Rights Information and Advocacy Centre (RIAC)
- Pauline Williams, Program Manager, Action for More Independence and Dignity in Accommodation (AMIDA)