Parliamentary Secretary for Family and Community Services
Andrea Coote was elected to Parliament in September 1999 and has proved herself to be a pivotal part of the Victorian Parliamentary Liberal Party. She is currently Parliamentary Secretary for Families and Community Services. Andrea’s primary responsibility in this role is with the Disability Sector.
Andrea works with peak organisations, individuals and their families, to ensure there is a person-centred approach to disability in Victoria. Andrea is working closely to establish the State Disability Plan.
In addition, Andrea is currently:
- Chairperson: Honour Roll for Women
- Chairperson: Women’s Correctional Services Advisory Committee
- Chairperson: Legislative Council Economy and Infrastructure Legislation Committee
- Member: Parliamentary Committee for Family and Community Development.
- Andrea is also a Member of the Parliamentary Friends for Israel, Lebanon and America.
She is married with three adult children.