Honestly, you’d be mad to miss it – it looks amazing! The program is finalised and details for all sessions are now available at:
Here’s a taster for what’s in store…
Not Another Brick in the Wall!
Lauren Matthews, Executive Officer, Early Childhood Intervention Australia (ECIA) Victorian Chapter will chair a panel discussion to unpack the barriers to inclusive education for children with a disability at the Champions of change: strengthening disability advocacy conference on 4 & 5 August at the Melbourne conference centre.
Other panelists include:
- Nicholas Pole, Deputy Secretary at the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD) Regional Services group
- Madeleine Sobb, student and Youth Disability Advocacy Services (YDAS) advocate
- Elizabeth McGarry, Executive Officer of Association of Children with a Disability
A Plan for Change
Maryanne Diamond, General Manager Advocacy and Engagement at Vision Australia, will facilitate A discussion on how advocates can use the Victorian state disability plan 2013-2016 to create change and influence the future. Panelists include:
- Liz Kelly, Deputy Chair, Victorian Disability Advisory Council
- Michael Cromie, Acting Manager, Office for Disability, Department of Human Services
- Keran Howe, Executive Officer at Women with Disabilities Victoria
- Laura Lo Bianco-Smith, Manager Transport Accessibility, Public Transport Victoria
There are plenty of tickets still available and they are real value for money at Concession $250 | Disability Advocate $300 | Community Sector $350 | Government Sector $470.