Part 2: What action can I take?
This section aims to be a practical guide to people who have experienced discrimination or care for those who have. It shows how best to lodge a complaint about disability discrimination and what process you can expect under the various laws available, depending on how and where the discrimination took place.
- Part 1: Have I experienced discrimination?
- Part 2: What action can I take?
- Part 3: When is discrimination allowed?
- Part 4: Quick references
- Process flow chart option 1: Complaint submitted with the Australian Human Rights Commission
- Process flow chart option 2: Complaint submitted with the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission
- Process flow chart option 3: Complaint submitted directly with the Victorian Civil & Administrative Tribunal
- Flow chart option 4: Complaint submitted directly with the Fair Work Commission
- Disability Discrimination Checklist