Individuals or small groups, people with disability, policy makers, service providers, practitioners and researchers are invited to submit proposals for presentations, group discussions or posters for the 3rd biennial National Virtual Disability Conference to be held online on 21st September 2022. The theme of the 2022 conference is ‘Raising Expectations’.
“Most Australians with disability experience the soft bigotry of low expectations.” Graeme Innes AM, 2018.
Join the journey towards developing higher expectations of and for disabled people, through connecting great evidence, projects and people.
Your proposal should align with the conference theme. Suggested topics include:
- Disability & Intersectionality: working on issues where multiple and inter-related identities are critical (gender, sexuality, culture, indigeneity, etc.)
- Universal Design: seeing disability experience as a driver for innovation that helps a broad range of people in society
- Promoting and achieving choice and self-determination: what has worked and what lessons have we learned
- Employment: getting and keeping a job; beginning and developing a career; reasonable adjustment in the workplace; discrimination and community bias, etc.
- A home of my own: individualised living options, managing supports, accessibility and funding to be involved in communities of choice
- The disability workforce: who are the people we need, how might we find them and better support them to do their work well
- Scope-University of Melbourne Partnership
- Date published:
- Thu 28th Apr, 2022
- Closing date:
- Sun 15th May, 2022