Operational Guidelines are based on the NDIS Legislation and Rules. They explain what is considered, and how decisions are made based on the legislation.
The new guidelines are written in plain English to make it clearer and easier to understand NDIS processes in a more logical way.
The new sets of guidelines include:
- How NDIS supports work – including principles used in plan creation and reasonable and necessary supports.
- Supports you can access – including equipment and technology, home supports and community access.
- Your plan – including plan creation and implementation.
Remember that legislation trumps operational guidelines. If there is a contradiction, follow the Act (NDIS Act 2013).Read new operational guidelines (off-site)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA)
- Date published:
- Thu 29th Apr, 2021