Victorians with disability and accessibility needs now have more subsidised transport options, with rideshare service Uber being approved to offer subsidised trips through the Multi Purpose Taxi Program (MPTP).
The MPTP subsidy covers 50 per cent of the cost of eligible participants’ trips, up to $60. The subsidy is automatically applied to the upfront price shown to the MPTP member before they request a trip through the Uber app.
How it works:
- If you don’t have the Uber app yet, download it to your smartphone. If you already have it, you’re all set.
- To join the program, you first need to complete this form t.uber.com/EnrolMPTP. Make sure you include the email address that is connected to your Uber account, and have your MPTP member card number handy.
- Enter your destination on the Uber app.
- Request a ride via UberX – or use Uber Assist for additional service getting into and out of the vehicle. Members can also choose UberXL, Uber Comfort or Uber Premier.
- The 50% discount will automatically be factored into your trip, up to $60. You will be shown the total amount for the trip at time of request. Your subsidy will continue to apply as long as you have a balance remaining under the MPTP program.
- Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria
- Date published:
- Fri 15th Jan, 2021