Systemic advocacy is all about creating positive change for many people. In this course Dr George Taleporos, disability rights advocate, expert in disability service reform, PhD (psych), and Policy Manager at the Summer Foundation and Amy Ferguson,Managing Director at For Purpose, will give you the tools to create positive systemic change for people with disability.
On completing this course, you will know:
- What systemic advocacy is and why we do it.
- How to break down systemic problems, and develop tangible asks to solve the problem.
- Who “targets” are and who influences them.
- How parliamentary and government processes work.
- How to develop effective advocacy activities and tactics that create change.
This 5 module, free online course is self paced and a certificate is available on completion.
Watch the video for Amy’s quick overview.
Get started (off-site)
- Date published:
- Wed 15th Jun, 2022