The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is designed to help people living with a significant and permanent disability live their best life. GPs play a very important role in helping patients to determine potential eligibility by gathering the crucial information that provides the evidence base required to access supports through the Scheme.
This co-designed suite of resources guides GPs in supporting their patients through the NDIS, or more easily identify if patients could be eligible to benefit from the Scheme.
The resources include:
- Online learning module to help GPs get a better understanding of the scheme and what is funded by the NDIS
- NDIA Access Assessor video, providing eligibility and supporting evidence tips
- Providing evidence to support an access request – tips from a GP colleague video. In the video two GPs discuss a patient’s eligibility for the NDIS and share useful tips for completing an Access Request Form
- ‘Who else can help’ brochure including tips on other professionals who can complete parts of the Access Request Form such as practice nurses, practice managers, or allied health professionals
- Six-point eligibility checklist, giving GPs a quick and easy way to find out if a patient may be eligible for the NDIS.