This guide and the associated decision trees focus on the use of regulated restrictive practices (RRP) with children and young people aged under 18 years who are participants of the NDIS.
The resources aim to:
- promote the rights of children and young people with a disability
- identify special considerations and relevant safeguards
- assist NDIS providers to meet their obligations under the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and relevant Rules
- provide practice advice consistent with contemporary evidence and a positive behaviour support framework
- address the questions most frequently asked by families and NDIS providers.
- NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission
- Date published:
- Thu 15th Apr, 2021