The concept that all human beings are born free and equal with dignity and rights is not new, but it has taken a long time for that concept to translate to how people with disability are treated and included in everyday life.
Elly the Emu and Kev the Iwi debut in this course as they explain the models of disability from the rare perspective of the bird community.
The topics covered in this course include:
- What are human rights?
- How do the rights of people with disability fit in?
- Models of disability
- The human rights model of disability
- The social model was a game changer
- How does the human rights model differ from the social model?
- Problems with the medical model of disability
- Problems with the charitable model of disability
- How do the four models compare in practice?
- Human Rights
- Date published:
- Thu 27th May, 2021