Disability self help grants are available to assist disability self help groups in financing general expenses, minor works and equipment. The program recognises the value of people coming together and sharing their experiences.
This year’s funding round will prioritise groups representing diverse communities, as well as those in rural and regional Victoria, to ensure all Victorians with disability and their families have access to the benefits self help groups offer their members.
Grants of up to $10,000 over 2 years are available to support Victorian disability self help groups to:
- Strengthen the capacity of people with disability to live independently and participate in the community
- Support members to make informed decisions about their own lives
- Encourage a network of community peer support and information exchange for people with disability and their families and carers
- Increase opportunities to provide information and education on the experiences of people with disability.
- Office for Disability
- Department of Families Fairness and Housing (DFFH)
- Date published:
- Mon 20th Dec, 2021
- Closing date:
- Tue 15th Feb, 2022