The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) was welcomed in 2013. But it’s become complicated. The onus falls on people with disability to put their support needs into NDIS language, but much is lost in translation. So who can assist when misunderstandings arise and who can step in when things go wrong?
In this short course you will learn about how the role of Disability Advocacy intersects with a Participants NDIS journey, and how this role differs from those of Local Area Coordinators and Support Coordinators.
Watch the video for a quick overview.
After completing this course you will have a better understanding of:
- The different roles in the NDIS and what they are responsible for.
- How the roles are funded.
- What areas of the NDIS are putting extra pressure and stress on Disability Advocates.
- How to pushback and manage scenarios where advocates are asked to do things that are not their responsibility.
- What disability advocates do and do not do with regards to the NDIS.
Take this course (off-site)
- Date published:
- Tue 13th Sep, 2022