Let’s get minimum accessibility standards included in our National Building Code and ensure the Code meets the needs of all Australians! The next few months will be critical in the fight for more accessible housing, with Building Ministers due to meet early in 2021 to decide whether to change the Code.
You can help by:
- Signing the petition – This petition will be presented to the Building Ministers Forum at the end of February. Your signature will strengthen the call for change.
- Email Building Ministers – Early next year, Building Ministers from across Australia will meet to consider whether to include mandatory minimum accessibility standards in the National Building Code. Let them know that you are adding to public support for mandatory accessibility standards.
- Write to your local MP – let them know why you support changes to the National Building Code and encourage them to raise awareness about the importance of mandatory accessibility standards in your local community.
The Building Better Homes Campaign is a coalition of peak bodies and agencies working to secure mandatory accessibility standards within the National Building Code.Take action (off-site)
- Housing, Accommodation, Tenancy
- Building Better Homes Campaign
- Date published:
- Tue 1st Dec, 2020
- Closing date:
- Sun 28th Feb, 2021