It’s a fact of modern life that the same technologies which bring us together or make our lives easier can also be sources of danger. People misuse smart devices to threaten, harass, coerce or control. And women with disability are at particular risk of what we have come to know as technology-facilitated abuse.
This 90-minute webinar builds on eSafety’s extensive resources for disability, social services and domestic and family violence workforces. The training raises awareness about how people use technology as a tool of abuse, and improves the knowledge and skills of practitioners so they can help their clients.
The workshop covers:
- The role of eSafety and how it can help.
- An introduction to domestic and family violence for women with an intellectual or cognitive disability.
- How people use technology as a tool for abuse against women.
- Strategies to identify and deal with risks.
- Online safety resources to help practitioners give women the skills and confidence they need to improve their online safety.
|Wed 13th Apr, 2022||1pm - 2:30pm||Online|
|Thu 19th May, 2022||11:30am - 1pm||Online|
|Tue 21st Jun, 2022||12pm - 1:30pm||Online|
Registration and RSVPView Registration Form (offsite)
- eSafety Commissioner