OPA (Office of the Public Advocate) are advertising a Senior Policy and Research Officer role:
- VPS Grade 5
- 12 months fixed-term contract
About the role
The Senior Policy and Research Officer critiques policy and undertakes complex research on issues relating to disability and mental health. The role works closely with the Advocacy and Adult Protection Program area and Safeguarding, Inclusion and Volunteer Programs to ensure the systemic advocacy of the Office is informed by a strong evidence-base and incorporates the experiences of people with disability and people with mental illness. In this role, you will:
- exercise leadership in the analysis of complex policy issues
- conduct complex research that provides evidence for the positions of the Office
- provide expert advice to senior management
- prepare submissions and other policy documents and engage with internal and external stakeholders.
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- demonstrated specialist knowledge and understanding of policy issues relevant to people with disability.
- demonstrated experience in undertaking complex research and policy analysis.
- Office of the Public Advocate
- Date published:
- Thu 17th Jan, 2019
- Closing date:
- Wed 30th Jan, 2019