Disability Services Commissioner will provide an independent complaints process to participants of the Barwon DisabilityCare Australia Launch from 1 July 2013.
We are pleased that the current safeguards in Victoria will be maintained for participants of the Barwon DisabilityCare Australia (DCA) Launch. From 1 July 2013, the Disability Services Commissioner will provide an independent complaints process to participants of the launch who are dissatisfied about disability support provided by a registered provider of support under DCA.
Complaints about DCA will be managed internally by officers in DisabilityCare (the Agency), or can be escalated to the Commonwealth Complaints Resolution and Referral Service, Commonwealth Ombudsman, or the Administrative Appeals Tribunal for a review of a decision.
We have worked with the Barwon Agency of DisabilityCare Australia (DCA) to ensure that existing safeguards for people with disability are retained, and we will continue to play a role in providing advice and support if the matter is not within our jurisdiction.
- All Victorians can contact our office for advice and information about making a complaint about disability supports at any time.
- Participants of the Barwon DCA launch (1 July 2013) can make a complaint to our office about disability support provided by a DCA registered provider of support. These service providers will also be registered disability service providers under the Disability Act 2006.
- Any Victorian can make a complaint to our office about disability supp ort provided by a DCA registered provider of support
- Anyone can make a complaint to our office about disability supports provided by the Department of Human Services, registered disability service providers and funded or contracted services providers under the Disability Act 2006.
- Where the complaint is not within our jurisdiction, we assist people to find the right place to make a complaint.
We will continue to speak to the importance of, and contribute in a tangible way to, the development of a National model of complaints and safeguarding framework.View article online (off-site)Sign up to DSC Updates (off-site)
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- Disability Services Commissioner
- Date published:
- Mon 1st Jul, 2013