Disability self help grants are available to assist disability self help groups in financing general expenses, minor works and equipment.
The Victorian Government is committed to supporting people with disability and their families. The Disability self help grants program recognises the value of people coming together and sharing their experiences.
How can the grant be used?
Grants of up to $10,000 over 2 years are available to support Victorian disability self help groups to:
- Strengthen the capacity of people with disability to live independently and participate in the community
- Support members to make informed decisions about their own lives
- Encourage a network of community peer support and information exchange for people with disability and their families and carers
- Increase opportunities to provide information and education on the experiences of people with disability.
Groups can contact the Office for Disability on 1300 880 043 or email Disability self help grants.
- Accessibility, Access, Inclusion
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Date published:
- Tue 4th Jun, 2019
- Closing date:
- Fri 12th Jul, 2019