This toolkit seeks to empower women with disabilities and organisations working on their behalf, to make use of available U.N. human rights mechanisms. Bringing the voices and experiences of women and girls with disabilities to the U.N. human rights system is essential to hold States accountable for their human rights obligations and to advance the rights of women and girls with disabilities worldwide. The toolkit consists of a series of briefing papers and fact sheets:
- A guide to advocacy with the U.N. human rights system;
- A summary analysis of U.N. human rights standards on sexual and reproductive health and rights;
- A summary analysis of U.N. human rights standards on the right to be free from gender-based violence; and
- Three fact sheets summarizing how civil society can engage with UN treaty bodies, UN Special Procedures, and the Universal Periodic Review.
The AccountABILITY Toolkit is available free of charge in English and Spanish in both PDF and accessible Microsoft Word formats.
To discuss how to bring the AccountABILITY Toolkit to training or capacity building events, contact Women Enabled International:
- Women Enabled International (WEI)