To empower people with disabilities from ethnic backgrounds, their
carers and families to fully participate as members of the
The Mission states that the way to achieve full citizenship is:
To assist people with disabilities from ethnic backgrounds, their carers
and families to access services and ensure that service systems
are inclusive and responsive to their needs.
Goals that enable the mission to be accomplished
- To ensure ADEC addresses client needs in a nurturing and supportive manner.
- To create an effective service that advocates on behalf of clients of all ages, their carers and/or significant others.
- To ensure that ADEC delivers and operates services within an ethical framework and also within a duty of care for each client.
- To foster the development of services for communities across Victoria through strategic alliances.
- To foster research that identifies client needs, carer needs and the needs of significant others and to promote planning based on this research.
- To work towards building capacity in the community and within the agency.
- Individuals and their needs should be the primary focus of human services.
- In the potential of each individual regardless of the complexity of issues.
- In working in partnership with each individual to fulfil their goals.
- The right of individuals to self-determination and active participation in services provided.
- The dynamic, diversity and interdependence of relationships surrounding each individual.
ADEC also values:
- Strategies that empower people within the community
- The diversity of communities.