AMIDA helps people with disabilities if they are having problems where they live.
AMIDA does this by:
- telephone advice, information, referral and support
- direct advocacy on your behalf.
- education individually or in groups about your housing rights.
AMIDA advocates for tenants rights for people with a disability by:
- standing up for people with a disability as a group
- advocating for rights for people living in Community Residential Units
- working with other housing groups about rights for tenants with a disability
- speaking out for the rights of people in institutions
AMIDA works toward better access to housing for people with a disability by:
- working for more and better public housing
- supporting better access to housing
- working with other groups to encourage community living with appropriate support for all people with a disability to enjoy a better life in the community
- Advocacy speciality
- Accommodation/Housing, Intellectual disability
- Type of Advocacy
- Disability Advocacy Organisation
- Catchment areas
- Ross House, 1st Floor, 247 Flinders Lane
Melbourne Vic 3000
- 03 9650 2722