You are invited to a panel discussion on Stage 2 consultations for Australia’s next National Disability Strategy. The discussion will help you to provide your own input and ideas to shape the next National Disability Strategy.
Topics will include:
- What are critical issues for the new National Disability Strategy?
- What will the former National Disability Strategy be remembered for?
- What needs to be reflected in the new National Disability Strategy?
Hear from speakers including:
- Senator the Hon Anne Ruston, Minister for Families and Social Services
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Edward Santow, Human Rights Commissioner, Australian Human Rights Commission
- Paula Tesoriero MNZM, Disability Rights Commissioner, New Zealand Human Rights Commission
- Robert Fitzgerald AM, Commissioner, NSW Ageing and Disability Commission
- Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn, Centre for Disability Research and Policy, the University of Sydney
- Rosemary Kayess, Committee Member, United Nations Committee on the Rights of People with Disabilities
- Professor Anne Kavanagh, Melbourne Disability Institute, University of Melbourne
- Damian Griffis, CEO, First Peoples Disability Network
- Professor Karen Fisher, Social Policy Research Centre, UNSW
- Mary Sayers, CEO, Children and Young People with Disability Australia
|Thu 24th Sep, 2020||1:00pm - 3:00pm AEST||Online|
Registration and RSVPView Registration Form (offsite)
- Australian Human Rights Commission