Victorian and Tasmanian NDIS participants, families, carers, people with a disability, and the disability community are invited to attend a session about recent NDIS announcements and updates.
Topics covered will include:
- New initiatives and changes:
– Participant Service Charter – shows participants how we will work with and support them, and explains what they can expect when they deal with the NDIA and our Partners in the Community
– Participant Service Guarantee – establishes timeframes for the NDIA to make decisions about access, plan approval and plan reviews, and nominee changes
– Service Improvement Plan – sets out the activities we will deliver over the next two years to meet the engagement principles and timeframes in the Service Charter
– Independent Assessments – will be introduced in 2021 for NDIS applicants and participants aged 7 and over, improving how people access and use the NDIS, and for planning reviews based on life stages.
- COVID-19 updates
- Participant Check-ins – a more flexible scheduled plan review approach to make sure a participant’s NDIS supports are meeting their needs.
Each session will be delivered via video-conference using Microsoft Teams, and will cover the same content. Staff from both Victoria and Tasmania will be available to answer any state-specific questions you may have.
|Mon 21st Sep, 2020||1:30pm – 3:00pm (AEST)||Online|
|Tue 22nd Sep, 2020||1:30pm – 3:00pm (AEST)||Online|
|Thu 24th Sep, 2020||10.30am – 12.00pm (AEST)||Online|
Registration and RSVPView Registration Form (offsite)
- National Disability Insurance Agency