Only seven weeks to go until the 2014 Strengthening Disability Advocacy Conference.
Graeme Innes AM, only weeks after his final address to the National Press Club as Disability discrimination Commissioner, will deliver the keynote address.
This will be followed by a presentation from Kairsty Wilson from AED Legal Service on discrimination against people who have an intellectual disability and the use of the Business Services Wage Assessment Tool. And Viv Avery from Villamanta Disability Rights Legal Service will speak about the campaign to challenge the increase in board and lodging fees in Community Residential Units. Has there been real change, or have we been short changed?
If that’s not enough to get you excited, then Let’s Talk About Sex.
Dean Dadson from the Self Advocacy Resource Unit will facilitate a panel discussion on the issues people with a disability face when it comes to their right to have relationships and express their sexuality. Panel members include:
- Dr Patsie Frawley, Research Fellow at La Trobe University
- Dr George Taleporos, Youth Disability Advocacy Service (YDAS)
- Glynn Evans, Team Leader ASIST Outreach Program
- Christian Astourian, Program Manager of Disability and Diversity at the Migrant Resource Centre
- Sharon Granek, Program Manager at Women with Disabilities Victoria
- Greg Axtens, self advocate
Have you registered yet? Check out the conference website for the latest program information.